Hello All & Welcome to my Blog
This blog is a work in progress. I still have a lot of organization to do but I have been talking about starting a blog for a few years now and I have kept delaying it and delaying it. So much time has passed and now I have finally decided to do it. There is a lot that I will share on it as I work on my life’s current project which I am calling Project Me. I will explain a bit more later, but for now I just wanted to share an Asparagus & Quinoa Salad recipe that I tried a few weeks ago which was absolutely delicious!
Recipe Inspiration: Green Valley Kitchen
Link to original recipe: https://greenvalleykitchen.com/quinoa-salad-asparagus-cherry-tomatoes-pecans/
My Version of the Recipe (makes 2 large servings)
- ½ cup of dry quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- ¾ cup of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- 1/3 cup of walnuts or pecans
- ¾ cup pressed cottage cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic – finely minced
- ½ lemon
- Salt and black pepper
- Wash quinoa. Add quinoa to 1 cup of boiling water with a pinch of salt and cook on low heat for about 10-15 minutes. When done, set aside to cool.
- As quinoa is cooking, prepare the asparagus. Snap the tough ends off the asparagus and slice into bite sized pieces. Sauté chopped asparagus and 1 clove of minced garlic in 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute in a large sauté pan. Sprinkle some salt to the asparagus. Turn down heat to low, cover the pan and sauté for 4 more minutes – stirring occasionally. Test your asparagus to see if it’s done – it should be tender but not overcooked. When asparagus is done, set aside to cool.
- Roughly chop the spinach and add to a bowl.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and add to the bowl.
- Dice pressed cottage cheese into bite-sized pieces and walnuts in half and add to the bowl.
- Add cooked asparagus and quinoa to the large bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking together 3 tbsp of olive oil, juice of half a lemon, 1 minced clove of garlic and black pepper and salt, to taste.
- Pour the dressing over salad and toss gently to combine.
Thanks for reading and be sure to let me know if you try the recipe & how it turns out. Stay tuned for more healthy and delicious recipes coming soon!