I’ve finally been able to make some time today to post a new recipe on this blog. This really is a work-in-progress. I do hope to have more time for this blog in the near future, but for now, I’ve had many other priorities that I am trying my best to manage. Anyhow, below you will find the best kale salad recipe EVER.
I got this recipe from a friend of mine, who got it from a friend of hers, who I later discovered got it from walmart.ca. It is the only kale salad recipe you’ll ever need and I’ve made it atleast 20 times over the past year. It’s that good! It’s almost as good as pizza… just kidding, I think 🙂
The most interesting thing that I discovered during one of the times that I made this salad, is that my dog likes kale. He actually ate kale, happily, I should add. It was a hilarious experience that had me dying of laughter, watching Mayhem chase after kale as if it’s a treat. Now, I know what to give him when I really do run out of treats.
I guess what I am trying to say is that you realize how much of a health freak you really are, when even your dog enjoys kale. I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
Link to original recipe: https://www.walmart.ca/en/kc/couscous-and-kale-salad/KC1461011396000
Recipe (Makes 4 generous servings, each serving approximately 3 cups, leveled)
- 2 cups water
- 1 and 1/3 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5 cups (1 bunch) organic kale, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cm cube feta cheese
- Boil water in a kettle or medium pot.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add couscous. Stir frequently, and lightly shake pan until couscous is evenly toasted, about 5 mins. Remove from heat. Slowly pour in boiling water. Cover and let sit, 5 mins.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl in which all the ingredients will fit.
- Wash and slice and chop all of the ingredients, as required.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and stir in cranberries.
- Into the large bowl, stir in couscous mixture, kale, onion, yellow pepper, almonds.
- Divide the salad into 4 portions, and top with feta cheese before serving.
I created the recipe on myfitnesspal.com in order to track the nutritional information, saved as ‘Kale & Couscous Salad’ on myfitnesspal.com. One serving is approximately 664 calories and 20 g protein which makes this recipe perfect for lunch and dinner.
Thanks for reading & have a happy Sunday.