So for the past 4 days I have been on a very clean only fresh juice, fruits and vegetables diet. It started as a 3 day juice diet and I switched it by the end of day 2 to add in fruits and vegetables. I got to say, 2 days of drinking freshly squeezed fruits and vegetables juices really changed what I want. I am not lying when I say, that this afternoon, I was looking forward to eating a big plate of lightly seasoned vegetables. It was a delicious plate of goodness and I enjoyed every bite – the same way I usually enjoy pizza’s and desserts. It’s thanks to taking out time to cleanse myself with juice for 2 days that I was able to kickstart my shift to healthier food choices. and this soup was super easy and super delicious and super healthy so it will definitely be added to my weekly repertoire.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion (red or yellow), chopped (approx. 3/4 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp better than bouillon and 1-1.5 L boiling water (depending on how you like it) (can be subbed with 3-4 14.5 oz cans of vegetable broth)
- 4-5 fresh medium tomatoes, chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- handful of baby potatoes with skin, diced (approx. 1.5 cups)
- 1-2 bay leaves (if you have them)
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Other seasonings/herbs to taste (I used some basil, parsley, oregano, italiano, chilli flakes, no salt vegetable seasoning)
- 3 cups frozen vegetables (carrots, peas, green beans, corn mix)
- Juice of 1 lemon (or more to taste)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and celery and saute 4 minutes then add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
- Add in better than bouillon, water, tomatoes, potatoes, bay leaves, thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste*.
- Bring to a boil, then add frozen vegetables.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until potatoes are almost fully tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add lemon juice.
Link to original recipe: https://www.cookingclassy.com/vegetable-soup/
I like my soups to be more liquid, so I added more water (I added more today but it was still not enough so I would double what the original recipe calls for – recipe is reflected with this)
I like to add more lemon to taste at the end.
This soup is super easy and super delicious, enjoy!