Day 145 & 146
Yesterday was a very nice day – I just didn’t get a chance to check in here. I had a relaxing morning as I gave myself a late start at work. I did my day 5 yoga routine, washed my hair and watched some tv before work. At work, we celebrated a birthday with some very delicious pizza for lunch from Za Cafe Pizzeria – tasted just like pizza from Italy (according to my husband – I’ve never been!). It was truly delicious especially their margherita and mushroom pizza. I also had a very nice relaxing evening walk. My dog has made it a routine to make this cute and sad little face everyday when he see’s me after work because it’s become our evening/nighttime walks have become a regular routine that he’s gotten used to and loves. I enjoy it very much also! Even the days I don’t want to go out because it’s too cold – he motivates me and I am truly grateful to have him in my life. My husband also gave him a shower yesterday – so now he’s super clean and smells so nice!
Today was also a very nice and beautiful day. I got some sunshine which was truly lovely. I had a delicious lunch at my mom’s house – mooli paranthe. I took many moments throughout the day to be grateful. Some days, I find myself feeling grateful for so many things as I go through my day and somedays I have to be conscious about it and ask myself to think of something to be grateful for. Today was one of those days where feelings of gratitude came so easily and naturally. I love days like today. Gratitude is truly a way to make an ordinary life and routine – extraordinary. Even at this moment, I am sitting on my couch listening to some really nice music (Shagufta Dili by Satinder Sartaaj) feeling so grateful for it. I have no idea what is the meaning of what he is singing but I am appreciating the music, his voice and the words so much – because it’s just one of those days! Grateful for being grateful 🙂
A quick google search (‘gratitude makes life extraordinary’) as I was getting some inspiration for what to title today’s post brings across so many great posts:
- 6 Ways Gratitude Can Improve Your Life and Make You Happier
- 100 Things To Be Grateful For | HuffPost Life
- 6 Daily Habits of Gratitude That Will Attract More Abundance and Joy into Your Life
- FOCUS ON GRATITUDE: 42 THINGS THAT MAKE ME GRATEFUL
- Extraordinary Gratitude for Ordinary Days
- Gratitude is a skill. Here are 10 simple ways to make it a habit that can change your life.
- 10 Ways to Create a More Extraordinary Life – Virtues For Life
- 10 super practical ways to practice gratitude that will change …
- 13 Simple Things You Can Do To Make Your Life Extraordinary
And the list is endless. But the jyst of it all is that gratitude can truly change our lives and make our lives happier and more extraordinary. This is something that I actually have experience with and can say without a doubt that this is indeed very true and maybe one of the most powerful things I have learned in life and something I truly wish to share with others. I guess I’ve always known this. I know I have always been the best version of myself the days I made a conscious choice to practice gratitude – and it truly is a choice. It’s much easier to do this when you are in a good flow with life. But sometimes, (what I noticed with myself), once you lose the flow it becomes harder to get back on track. It’s hard work to stay on track but it’s totally worth it so note to self: do the work to stay on track as it makes life so much more worth it! So that’s what I am going to do. Gratitude will (and has been in the past) – be a conscious part of my routine. Even if the feelings don’t come naturally, I will ask myself to find atleast one thing in the moment/day to be grateful for 🙂
Today’s gratitude list:
- Appreciated the couple minutes of bright sun I was blessed with while walking Mayhem
- really enjoyed and appreciated the taste of my morning fresh juice (1 orange, 1/3 cup pineapple, 1 beet, 1 carrot, 1 celery – soooo delicious!!)
- so grateful for my husband who is just so loving and supportive with everything that I do!
- grateful for my loving mom who cooks so many of my meals for me. Also always inquires about me ‘are you happy today’ – I promise mommy – I will try my best to be (stay) happy not just for myself but especially for you!! Since you care so much.
- for my yoga practice – it was extra special today as my mom practiced with me 🙂
- homemade chocolate covered strawberries – yummmy!
- delicious mutter mushroom curry that I made today and for sharing the meal with my family ❤
Feeling super blessed! 🙂 ❤
Other thoughts from today
- Hardwork is a very important life skill. It actually is a skill that can develop with practice!!
- Life is not worth it if things comes easy – hard work makes everything worth it.
Goals for tomorrow/the week ahead:
- focus on my goals (first make a list of my goals)
- re-visit my ‘to do list’ to finalize and from Monday, make it a priority to check off as many things as possible
- try to figure out ways to increase my energy levels
- drink lots of water
- take my vitamins/supplements
- increase protein intake
- weekly massage
- weekly epsom salt bath
- weekly chiropractor adjustments
- sufficient sleep
- consistent exercise
- anything else I can think of!
- further research for this!
- Figure out how to develop the skill of hard-work
Thank you for reading!