So since today was a very good day (fully energetic and productive)- I wanted to summarize and save it on my blog for future reference 🙂
- Probably fell asleep around midnight the night before
- Woke up: 4:45
- Light therapy + 10 minute yoga
- Light therapy + 20 minute massage
- BodyFit Serious Strength in 8 Weeks Week 1 Day 1 Lower Body program (about 45 mins)
- 10 minute steam, shower
- Got ready
- Prepped food
- Rushed out of home for work around 7:50 AM
- Nitnem (car + when reaching work)
- 10:30-5:30 work
- Drive home, stop at healthy planet
- 6:40-7:10 30 minute evening yoga: Radiate and Shine with Faith (day 1 of 30 days of yoga from Beachbody Yoga Studio)
- Prepped dinner
- Cleaned up
- Doing this post right now (9:30 PM) – feeling completely exhausted but completely SATISFIED with my day !
- Going to do my evening prayers and head to bed (might take a quick shower or atleast my evening skincare before going to bed).
- Coconut water after my morning workout
- Lemon water before leaving for work
- Breakfast: Greek yogurt with an apple, pear and raisins
- Lunch: Brown rice and Shahee Paneer
- Quick snack/treat: 1 chocolate oat bite (so delicious :))
- Cha/ Indian tea
- Snack: Fresh juice (after evening yoga)
- Dinner: Chickpea salad and guacamole
Today’s workout (Serious Strength in 8 Weeks; Week 1, Day 1: Lower Body)
- Warm up no weights
- 10 lb 3×10
- I am used to doing squats so this exercise was nothing new for me.In fact, I’ve done higher weights but since I am just getting back into exercise after an injury and very long break – I want to ease into it very slowly and that’s why I kept the weight to only 10 lbs today.
- Warm up no weights
- 5 lb 3×10
- I am also used to doing deadlifts so this was nothing new. I’ve also done higher weights before. But considering that I really want to be consistent this time, I want to ease into working out and higher weights slowly.
- Barbell Bulgarian split squat
- 3×10 each side with a barbell (no weights)
- This was a new exercise for me. I was supposed to complete 15 reps but I hardly managed 10 reps. It was a very different and difficult movement for me. In fact, I started sweating more just while figuring it out. This is a movement I am excited to become better at.
- Ab Roller
- Was supposed to do 3 sets, 10 reps Ab Roller but since I didn’t have the equipment to do this exercise – I substituted with 2 sets (1 x 20 reps; 1 x 10 reps) of leg raises for some core workout!
- I later discovered (this evening) – that I can modify ab roller to do with a barbell – so definitely looking forward to try this exercise next week (or if it comes up again sometime this week!)
- Couldn’t fit in an evening walk – but my sister and brother were able to take Mayhem on a long walk so I don’t feel bad about that
- It feels like everything I want to fit in a day is only possible if I do things simultaneously.
- Goal for tomorrow: Try to continue with this flow. But rest a bit longer if my body needs it.