So I’ve missed coming here for the past 23 days – days 57-79. Wow – only 23 days but it feels like a lifetime (clearly a huge exaggeration). It just goes to show how easy it is to lose focus. And how hard it is to bring yourself back to the routine you worked so hard to make in the first place. I have not been doing all bad to be honest. I have still been consistent with my yoga practice. In fact, I’ve been going for a 1 hour hot yoga practice 4x a week. Which has been a challenging experience. Although I’ve practiced hot yoga before, I’ve just felt so drained and it’s been very hard to push myself to go to each class, but I’ve managed to atleast be consistent. The yoga I practiced at home with Yoga with Adriene is a completely different style of yoga than a hot yoga class. I feel very challenged in the live classes. I occasionally miss my home practice because I love Adriene. I guess I was practicing yoga more as a way to connect with my breath, relax, slow down, meditate and less for the physical part of it. And a hot yoga class (most of my hot yoga classes) is a workout! Anyway, I was so close to skipping todays class but I am so glad my husband encouraged me to go. It was really nice today. It was a nice change of pace from the past 3 classes this week. It was more of a restorative practice and I really enjoyed it. I really like this teacher’s teaching style. She focuses her practices around the breath which I really enjoy.
Anyways – updates on the past 23 days.
- Daily yoga – yes (except I have to admit my yoga practice on 2 of the days included only child’s pose 🙂 but in my opinion, it still counts!
- Daily walks/10K+ steps per day – no 😦 unfortunately, I did not manage to go for a walk everyday these past 23 days. In fact, I missed so many days. But I restarted the daily walks and aiming for a minimum of 10K steps per day yesterday. It feels good! I am happy. Need to make a serious effort to continue walking outside in this beautiful weather. It’s so worth it. So much better then sitting in front of a tv!!
- Weekly hikes – I think I missed 2 weeks. But hope to restart/and alter this tradition and make it a getting out of my house and into nature once a week 🙂 we got a beachfront property in Innisfil (so beautiful!!) and bought a boat and a standing paddle board and went boating/paddle boarding last weekend. So fun (minus the almost drowning part – which I won’t get into)!
- Healthy eating – a big time no. Plan to restart a healthier eating plan September 1st…
- Work – been working too much these past 23 days. But it is what it is. Hope that I will be able to relax a bit in September. Right now, my life is pretty much work focused as I have some deadlines I have to meet and there is just a lot going on.
That’s about all I have to say on the past 23 days. I have not been able to take out time for much else. Today I got so many comments from concerned folks about dark circles, about how tired and overwhelmed I look, if I’ve been getting enough sleep, etc. What can I say? You gotta do what you gotta do 🙂 Life is still good. I am happy (atleast today I am :)). Life is hard. Writing and thinking the thought of being happy today instantly made me realize there have been quite a few tears these past couple days and has almost made me cry again. Life is hard. But it’s important to keep yourself positive. You have to be there for yourself. You have to take care of yourself. You have to make time to do what makes you happy. You have to stay focused. You should continue practicing yoga and going for walks. And do what else you can do to breathe, love, nourish, be happy and healthy 🙂
Thank you for joining me on my journey.